All year long, we have been sending the kids home with fun art and now there is a place to put it! We made these art hangers for our mothers for Mother's Day.
Here's What you need:
- 6 popsicle sticks (skinny or fat or a combination of the two)
- Hot glue gun
- Black Yarn
- Giraffe head cut out
- 2 Mini clothes pins (You can find them at Walmart or at craft stores.)
- Color the popsicle sticks orange and add big brown spots. Color "hoofs" on the bottom of 4 of the sticks.
- Color and cut out a picture of a giraffe head.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue the 4 legs and a neck to the back of one of the sticks.
- Glue the head at the top of the neck.
- Glue a clothes pin on each of the outer legs. (The inner two don't need one.)
- Cut a length of string and tie a knot in each end. Glue it between the legs to act as a hanger.
- Braid three short lengths of yarn and knot each end. Glue to the end of the body as a tail.