What fridge wouldn't be a lot cuter with a squadron of these airplanes to hold your child's art?
I could also see these being a fun project to give to an aviation enthusiast on Father's Day. You could glue push pins to the back instead of magnets for dad or grandpa to put up at work to show off pictures of their little ones!
They are quick, easy, and you can probably make them with things you already have at home.
Here's What You Need:
- 1 clothes pin
- 3 popsicle sticks & scissors
- magnets (we used a sticky backed magnet roll and cut pieces to fit on back)
Here's What You Do:
- Cut about 2 inches off of one of the popsicle sticks and round the corners
- Paint both sides of all the popsicle sticks, including the short stick
- Paint all sides of the clothes pin
- Cut a rudder out of the foam (we cut two pieces out of sticky backed foam paper and stuck them together to make the rudder thicker)
- After the paint has dried, glue airplane pieces on as shown above
- Attach magnets to the back of the clothes pin. . .
And prepare for take off!