Spring time is when the vines start to grow and vine starts with the letter v so we made vine pictures this week. I love the 3-D aspect of this project.
To go along with the project we learned and acted out a poem about seeds.
Little Brown Seeds
Little brown seeds so small and round,
Are sleeping quietly under ground.
Down come the raindrops
Sprinkle, sprinkle, sprinkle.
Out comes the rainbow,
Twinkle, twinkle, twinkle.
Little brown seeds way down below,
Up through the earth they grow, grow, grow.
Little green leaves come one by one.
They hold up their heads and look at the sun.
- Author Unknown
Here's What You Need:
- Green crepe paper (streamers)
- Construction paper
- White glue
- Green leaves
- Cut a long strip of crepe paper. Twist it semi tightly the whole length.
- Draw a vine like line across the construction paper with the white glue.
- Press the twisted crepe paper along the line.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 until your picture looks the way you want it to.
- Add leaves.