I saw this idea on http://www.dltk-kids.com/, but I wanted to re-post it because they are so adorable and I wanted to add a little more detail to the instructions. The first time we made them, they didn't quite go as planned. However, these pumpkins are really easy and fun to do.
Here's What You Need
- Clean, clear 2 liter soda bottle
- Orange paint
- Yellow felt or foam paper with a sticky back
- Green felt
- Yarn or twine
Here's What You Do:
- Put a little bit of water (about a teaspoon - if you add too much, your paint won't stick to the sides) in the bottom of the soda bottle.
- Pour some orange paint in. (About 1/4 of a cup)
- Tighten the lid and shake it up. If the paint isn't covering the sides sufficiently, add more paint or more water.
- Cut out jack-o-lantern faces and stick to the outside of the bottle.
- Cut a circle of green felt with about a 5 inch diameter.
- Use the yarn to tie the felt around the top of the bottle.