Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

O is for Octopus Math

Octopuses will forever bring a smile to my face when associated with preschoolers. When I was student teaching, our lead teacher was teaching the kids about school rules. He held up a picture of an octopus and asked the kids, "Does anyone know what this is?" Of course they all yell, "I know, an octopus!" He asks again, "Does anyone know what those things (swinging his arms back and forth) on the octopus are called?" One boy raises his hand and says, "I know, I know! They're called  testicles!" Without skipping a beat and barely cracking a smile, the lead teacher said, "That's right, they're called tentacles." I will forever be impressed with how that teacher kept his cool because we sure were trying hard not to crack up in the back. We all had a good laugh over that one when class was out.  

Here's a fun math worksheet to get your tentacles on. Here's a link to print your own copy of Octopus Math.

1. Print out the papers and color. 
2. Cut out the arms. 
3. Glue 1 arm under each number and glue the correct number of sequin (suckers) on each arm.

4 comments:

  1. i cant download the octopus :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not able to download the octopus math template. I am not for sure if I am doing something wrong. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry the link didn't work before. I know this is late, but I have fixed the link for future use. I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete