Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Sunday, October 6, 2013

We're back & we've moved!

 For those of you out there who have noticed an absence of Chipman's Corner Preschool, I appreciate it. I love blogging and teaching, but I needed to take a break for a while. I don't always get personal on here, but I think it is important to sometimes talk about your struggles in order to heal and to maybe help someone else who can relate. I haven't been blogging on this website or on our family blog since the last time I posted on here because I was really struggling with postpartum depression. It's hard to talk about, because I sometimes feel like admitting it makes me less capable. I know now that this is not the truth at all. Talking about it helps with healing. I realize that there are seasons to everyone's life. Sometimes we feel on top of the world while other times we want to hide under a rock. And during those times that are especially hard, when we feel especially insignificant, it is okay to stop and take care of yourself. It's okay to step back from some of the things you were doing (like blogging) to make sure that you are okay. Maybe someday you can pick those things up again and maybe you won't, but the important thing is that you keep going even when you don't want to. When I teach and I'm having a hard day personally, I can't tell the kids, I'm sad, I don't want to be here. You can't quit on them, so you "fake it til you make it." I've been faking it for a while now, but I think I might be starting to feel like I might make it again.

During this time I have been really inspired and uplifted hearing about other mom's struggles with the same thing. I never realized how many women there are that go through this extremely hard ordeal.  It is so nice to see that they made it through and it gives me hope that I will too. I am feeling much better these days, but I don't think I'm 100% out of the woods yet. One of the things that really started to help me heal was to look back over the pictures on this blog and on our family blog. It helped me to remember the kids who I love and the fun things that we have done together. I hope that we can do many more fun things together.

Especially since we are at a new location! Yes, during this already trying time, my husband got a new job, we sold our house, moved to a different state and bought a new house. The move was a nightmare to say the least. There was a huge gap of time between when we sold our old house and were able to move into the new one. Imagine a family of 6 living in a one bedroom hotel room for weeks. Yikes! But, we are getting settled and I am happy to report that we still live on a corner! I am so excited that our preschool name will stay. I will keep posting things we have done and I hope that you will keep visiting and finding fun things to do with your sweet preschoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment