Colored sand and contact paper make a great, easy art project for young ones.
Here's What You Need:
- Salt shakers
- Contact paper (clear)
- Card stock paper
- Colored sand
- Masking tape
Here's What You Do:
- Put the sand into the salt shaker and cover half of the holes to slow the pour.
- Cut the contact paper a little bit smaller than your card stock paper.
- Cut the middle out of a card stock leaving a 1 1/2 inch border.
- Take the backing off of the contact paper and place it sticky side up on the table.
- Position the border of card stock over the contact paper and press down.
- (If you need to store the frames before you use them, put the wax part back onto the sticky part.)
- Shake the colored sand over the sticky part to create your picture.