Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Q is for Quick

I'm Quick As a Cricket!

 

After reading this book, we talked about how we have a lot of different emotions and feelings that can affect how we behave. Then, in honor of letter Q week, we tested how quick we can be. The kids each ran around the backyard and I timed how long it took them.


 
Without writing down names, I wrote each time on a piece of paper. Then we ordered the times from least to greatest.We grouped together kids who had the same time. Funny enough, the times were all in order without skipping any numbers. I promise I didn't plan it that way. : ) This was a great opportunity to talk about larger numbers that can sometimes be tricky for little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment