Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Friday, November 7, 2014

D is for . . .

Goodness, where does the time go? I can't believe how quickly the weeks fly by!

. . . dump!
I hung a bucket in the doorway (To do this I put a nail above the door frame where you wouldn't see the hole when I pulled it out.)

I put a box of things out, some that started with the letter d and some that didn't. The kids and I identified which things made a "duh" sound at the beginning of the word and put them into the bucket.

Once the bucket was full, the kids dumped it out!

. . . dots & diamonds!
We read a really fun story about making pictures using dots. Then we made our own pictures with dots and diamonds. 


. . . drawing!
We played simon says, drawing style! The kids practiced drawing different shapes and identifying vocab words like above, under, next to, center, etc. I gave instructions of what and where they were to draw. The end picture ended up being a monster. (Of course since Halloween was right around the corner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment