Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Drive-In Christmas Party

My brother moved here from California (where I grew up) a couple of months ago and stayed at our house for a while. When he moved out he had some empty boxes. He asked me if I wanted him to recycle them. I was about to say yes, when inspiration hit!! 

We made good use of them for our Christmas party this year. We made cars to use at Chipman's Corner Drive-in Theater. : )
I added wheels and headlights to the boxes with large and small paper plates and brads. Then the kids decorated their cars with markers. 
We took them upstairs and watched the old version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
While they watched, they ate the gingerbread men that we made after we decorated the cars. It was pretty fun!

My favorite part was watching all the parent responses when I told them that they got to take the cars home. Some of them gave a very unenthusiastic thank you when they left. Hahaha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment