I made this kangaroo pouch for letter K week. Anya absolutely loves it. She wore it all day and it is still a staple in her dress up wardrobe. Yes, it did involve sewing, but don't stop reading! I promise, it is a no fuss project. It seriously too me 10 minutes to cut and sew this bad boy. If the sewing machine and you are not the best of friends, you can still do this. So, please stick with me and I promise, it will all turn out okay! Just make sure to read the whole post before you write this project off.
For anyone who can sew a straight stitch on a sewing machine or can hand stitch, Here's What You Do:
- Cut out two identical pouch shaped pieces from brown felt.
- (Optional) Cut out a letter K from a different colored felt.
- Cut two long pieces of ribbon.
- Sew the letter K onto the right side of one of the pieces of felt.
- Stack pouch, ribbon, pouch with right sides of the fabric together and the longest parts of each ribbon inside the stack.
- Sew a 1/2 inch border around all sides except the top.
- Flip right side out.
If you don't want to sew, you could do the same thing with cardstock and glue or a stapler. Happy hopping!