Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Muffin Tin Sorting Center


For an independent center, we use muffin tins to play matching games. You can do it with colors, letters, shapes, numbers, anything you can think of. You have a large circle in the bottom of the tin (I attach mine with sticky tack so that I can change them out) and smaller pieces in a bowl to match. At the beginning of the year, I used foam circles in the bottom of the tins in different colors and cut out small squares of the same colors to match. The kids sorted the colors into the correct tins. Since we are now almost half way through the alphabet, I did the same thing with the letters we have learned so far. I was very happy with how many of the letters that the kids could identify as they were sorting their letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment