Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

V is for Veggies

Letter V week is my favorite week of the year! Yes, we make volcanoes, and that is a lot of fun. But, it's my favorite because we have our vegetable taste testing day and I love watching the kiddoes eat veggies! Am I weird for saying that?

Each year we read the book Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens then we have a vegetable taste testing party. Here are the veggies - cucumber, cauliflower, broccoli, celery, carrots, and snap peas. (I peel the cucumber and par boil the broccoli and cauliflower.)
 

The kids graph the results of which vegetables the class likes. Each kid tries one bite, then decides if they like it. I was so proud because even my really picky eaters were willing to try a small bite of each. I know it took a lot of bravery for some of them and they did amazing! 

For my younger class, we made a graph together as a group. 

For my older class, they graphed the information on their own paper. 

It cracks me up because most of the kids will eat the vegetable for me in class and then when they go home, they won't. One of the kids even told his mom that he likes veggies now, but only Miss Laura's. (Big smile.)

No comments:

Post a Comment