Home

Meet The Teacher

Class Information

Registration

Tuition

Schedule

Curriculum

Philosophy

Contact Me

Songs

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

W is for . . .

. . . whirlpool



. . . web


We learned how to draw a spider web - start with a small circle, draw larger circles around it, then crisscross through the middle. 


Our younger class got to make these spiders using pipe cleaners, puff balls, and googly eyes. We tried using white glue to put the head on top, but I think hot glue would have been best.


  . . . weather

When I was doing my student teaching, I spent 1/2 the time in the preschool on campus at Brigham Young University. My favorite thing we used to do with the kids was go on campus to survey the college students and ask them questions about the things they liked. 

I decided, why can't we have as much fun surveying each other in class? We did a weather survey in which the kids asked their classmates "what was their favorite weather". We talked about saying "excuse me," asking our question politely, then saying "thank you" after we marked their answer.


I don't know what it is about watching a preschooler walk around with a clip board and asking people questions, but it is awfully cute. Even though we weren't asking big college students, I still think this is one of my favorite things to do. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment